Rihanna wins video of the year
Sep 6, 2012 / 7:46 pm
Rihanna won video of the year for her sexy hit "We Found Love," but it was the fresh-faced boy band One Direction stole fans hearts during MTV's Video Music Awards.
The 2012 awards were scripted as lead-nominee Rihanna's night, but the teens in One Direction won three awards, including best pop video and best new artist Thursday night at The Staples Center in Los Angeles.
There was no signature moment as in year's past, but Rihanna's show-opening medley was one of the night's sauciest moments.
Other winners included Drake, whow as tied with Rihanna with five nominations apiece, Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj, Coldplay, Calvin Harris and Demi Lovato.
Read more World News
- Early results in Iran presidential election
- Newtown, Conn: six months later
- Boston woman pays $560K to park
- 2 found dead from Colo. wildfire
- Chemical plant explosion kills 1, 70 hurt
- Nazi SS commander found in Minnesota
- Syria's Assad used chemical weapons
- Colorado wildfire destroys 360 homes
- 93,000 confirmed killed in Syrian conflict
- 18-inch reptile found relaxing in puddle
- Jellyfish sting ends distance swim
- Fight for lung transplant successful
(Click for RSS instructions.)