Girl alive after 8 hours beneath bodies
Sep 6, 2012 / 6:45 am
French investigators say they still don't know the reasons for the killings of what appears to be a family of British vacationers found in a car in the French Alps.
Prosecutor Eric Maillaud says the attacker or attackers violently beat and shot a 7-year-old girl found near the car. He said Thursday that the girl will be operated on and her life is out of danger.
He says a 4-year-old girl who huddled beneath the corpses and travel bags for more than eight hours in the back seat is in fine physical health.
Maillaud says three of the four victims were shot in the head. The fourth victim remains in the car pending further investigation.
He says they were found by a British former air force officer who was cycling in the area.
Read more World News
- Tiger gets hairball surgery
- Stockholm riots continue
- UK attack could be terrorists
- Captors release 7
- FBI kill man in Orlando
- Trial set for Costa Concordia captain
- Climbers aged 80 & 81 race up Everest
- Search for tornado survivors nears end
- Race on to find tornado survivors
- Suicide in Notre Dame Cathedral
- 14 Afghan police killed in day of attacks
- Tornado death toll now at 24
(Click for RSS instructions.)