42 killed after bus crash in Morocco
Sep 4, 2012 / 7:16 am
News reports say dozens of people have died after a bus drove off a road in central Morocco and plunged down a 500-foot (150-meter) ravine.
The official news agency MAP says 42 people were killed when the bus overturned between the desert cities of Marrakesh and Ouarzazate. Another 24 people were injured, four of them seriously, in the accident in the early hours of Tuesday.
Most of the injured were taken to emergency rooms in Marrakech.
The bus regularly makes the journey between the two cities.
Read more World News
- OJ Simpson set to tell his story in court
- N. Korea: American sentenced to 15 yrs.
- US general's sexual misconduct charges
- Man killed dribbling soccer ball to Brazil
- Doctor visits left Jackson 'loopy'
- Google CEO explains health issues
- Prince tours storm ravaged Jersey shore
- Businessman hits jackpot in casino suit
- Tunnel collapses at mine, 33 trapped
- Chocolate bullets letter gets response
- Associated Press subpoenaed
- Mother's Day shooting suspect ID'd
(Click for RSS instructions.)