Chicken spiced with $150K in cocaine
Sep 3, 2012 / 10:00 am
Authorities in Nigeria say they arrested a man at an international airport who was bringing in roasted chicken with unusual stuffing: $150,000 worth of cocaine.
National Drug Law Enforcement Agency spokesman Mitchell Ofoyeju said Monday that suspect Vincent Chegini Chinweuwa arrived at Lagos' Murtala Muhammed International Airport this weekend from Sao Paolo in Brazil.
Ofoyeju said Chinweuwa told investigators he had hoped to start a business in Nigeria with the drug money.
Chinweuwa could not immediately be reached for comment as he remained in custody of the anti-drug agency Monday. Ofoyeju said Chinweuwa had yet to hire a lawyer.
Nigeria is a major transit point for drugs coming from Latin America and going to Europe and the US.
Read more World News
- Wave of attacks in Iraq, kill at least 70
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
- Pope decries banks over people
- French gay marriage law signed
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
(Click for RSS instructions.)