191 chicken wings in 12 minutes
Sep 2, 2012 / 10:16 pm
Organizers of the National Buffalo Wing Festival say competitive eater Joey Chestnut has devoured a record 191 chicken wings in 12 minutes.
Chestnut set the record Sunday during a wing-eating contest at the annual festival in Buffalo. He beat the old record of 183 wings, set last year by Sonya Thomas, the Black Widow.
Earlier this year, the San Jose, California, resident won his sixth straight Fourth of July hot dog-eating contest at Coney Island with 68 dogs in 10 minutes.
The weekend wing festival in Buffalo also included servings of 100 different styles of wings and live music
Read more World News
- Wave of attacks in Iraq, kill at least 70
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
- French gay marriage law signed
- Pope decries banks over people
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
(Click for RSS instructions.)