Wandering deer takes dip in pool
Sep 2, 2012 / 10:15 pm
A wandering deer found himself in hot water after stepping on a pool cover and making a big splash in the backyard of a Colorado home.
Homeowner Scott Smith says he found the buck in his ground-level pool Sunday morning trying to wrestle his way out of the pool cover. Smith says he had no idea when the deer wandered onto the patio in the backyard of his Colorado Springs home.
KOAA-TV reports that firefighters built a ramp to help the animal out. Photos show the buck was coaxed out of the pool with rope to guide his way up the ramp.
The deer ran off as soon as he got out of the water, some four hours after he was discovered in the pool.
Read more World News
- Who knocked up the anteater?
- Mom smashes into car to save child
- Alaska volcano continues to erupt
- SUV crashes into McDonald's play area
- Bangladesh cyclone fades away
- 12 tornadoes wallop North Texas
- Deadly tornado hits Texas
- Plane crashes at Nepal airstrip
- Car bomb in Afghan capital kills 15
- Cyclone weakens as it hits Bangladesh
- Deer crashes through bus windshield
- Cyclone a day away from destruction
(Click for RSS instructions.)