Deadly shooting at grocery store
Aug 31, 2012 / 8:03 am
A U.S. supermarket employee killed two people as he entered the store early Friday and then fatally shot himself, officials said.
The 23-year-old fired at the first workers he saw, killing an 18-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man as other workers hid, Middlesex County Prosecutor Bruce Kaplan said.
He then killed himself, said Kaplan, who did not release the name of the gunman or either victim.
At least 16 rounds were fired, some breaking the front windows of the Pathmark store in Old Bridge, New Jersey.
Authorities said an AK-47, extra ammunition and a handgun were found at the scene.
The motive was being investigated.
Read more World News
- Pope decries banks over people
- French gay marriage law signed
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
- North Korea fires 3 short-range missiles
- 60 injured as trains collide
- Bunga bunga girls dressed as sexy nuns
- Car bomb kills 9, wounds 70
- Who knocked up the anteater?
- Mom smashes into car to save child
(Click for RSS instructions.)