Pakistan police: Car bomb kills 7
Aug 31, 2012 / 8:01 am
Police say a car bomb has exploded in a market in northwestern Pakistan, killing at least seven people.
Senior police official Abdul Sattar Khan says another 18 people were injured in Friday's attack in Mattani bazar near the city of Peshawar.
He says the dead and wounded had been transported to a hospital.
No one has claimed responsibility, and Khan says officers were still investigating.
Peshawar is the capital of northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, which borders Afghanistan.
It has witnessed scores of such attacks, most blamed on Pakistani Taliban against whom the military has launched several offensives in recent years.
Read more World News
- Cyclone a day away from destruction
- Cleveland kidnapper to plead not guilty
- OJ Simpson set to tell his story in court
- N. Korea: American sentenced to 15 yrs.
- US general's sexual misconduct charges
- Man killed dribbling soccer ball to Brazil
- Doctor visits left Jackson 'loopy'
- Google CEO explains health issues
- Prince tours storm ravaged Jersey shore
- Businessman hits jackpot in casino suit
- Tunnel collapses at mine, 33 trapped
- Chocolate bullets letter gets response
(Click for RSS instructions.)