Prince Philip back in public again
Aug 26, 2012 / 12:53 pm
Prince Philip has made his first public appearance since he was discharged from a hospital last week.
The 91-year-old British royal accompanied his wife, Queen Elizabeth II, to an 18th century parish church in Scotland on Sunday.
Crathie Kirk church is near the Balmoral estate where they have been staying.
The prince, also known as the Duke of Edinburgh, spent five nights at Scotland's Aberdeen Royal Infirmary after a recurrence of a bladder infection.
It was Philip's third hospital stay in the last eight months. He was discharged on Monday.
Read more World News
- 24 dead in new wave of Iraq attacks
- Cat vies for mayor of Mexican city
- N Korea proposes nuclear talks with US
- Rowhani wins Iran election
- A parade fit for a Queen
- Hezbollah vows to keep fighting in Syria
- Woman mauled by chimp can't sue state
- Early results in Iran presidential election
- Newtown, Conn: six months later
- Boston woman pays $560K to park
- 2 found dead from Colo. wildfire
- Chemical plant explosion kills 1, 70 hurt
(Click for RSS instructions.)