Ernesto heads for Honduras
Aug 6, 2012 / 8:10 am
A tropical storm warning has been issued for the coast of Honduras as Tropical Storm Ernesto approaches.
The warning was issued early Monday and covers the area of the coast from the Nicaraguan border to Punta Sal and includes the Bay Islands. Also, Mexico has issued a hurricane watch for the east coast of the Yucatan Peninsula.
Ernesto's maximum sustained winds are near 50 mph (85 kph) with some strengthening forecast.
Meanwhile, farther in the Atlantic, Florence has weakened to a tropical depression with maximum sustained winds near 35 (55 kph). Additional weakening is forecast and the U.S. National Hurricane Center says Florence is expected to degenerate within the next few days.
Read more World News
- UK attack could be terrorists
- Captors release 7
- FBI kill man in Orlando
- Trial set for Costa Concordia captain
- Climbers aged 80 & 81 race up Everest
- Search for tornado survivors nears end
- Race on to find tornado survivors
- Suicide in Notre Dame Cathedral
- 14 Afghan police killed in day of attacks
- Tornado death toll now at 24
- Did cheese fight lead to poisoning?
- Photographer describes kids' rescue
(Click for RSS instructions.)