Santas shake it up to Zumba vibes
Jul 23, 2012 / 7:36 am
If Santa looks thinner than usual come Christmas, it may have something to do with Zumba, the Latin-inspired dance fitness craze.
A Zumba exercise class with hula hoops was a novelty at this year's World Santa Congress, which brings St. Nicks from around the globe to an amusement park in Copenhagen this week.
"It was a sweaty experience and it didn't help having an extra 10 pounds of clothing on but now I'm hooked. I think I will be doing some more Zumba in my spare-time," chuckled Douglas Gowin, a 57-year-old Santa from Washington, D.C.
Now in its 55th consecutive year, the four-day World Santa Congress has more workouts on the schedule, including an obstacle course in which Santas must go down a chimney and climb an ice mountain.
Here are a group of Santa's as they try Zumba lst year.
Read more World News
- A parade fit for a Queen
- Hezbollah vows to keep fighting in Syria
- Woman mauled by chimp can't sue state
- Early results in Iran presidential election
- Newtown, Conn: six months later
- Boston woman pays $560K to park
- 2 found dead from Colo. wildfire
- Chemical plant explosion kills 1, 70 hurt
- Nazi SS commander found in Minnesota
- Syria's Assad used chemical weapons
- Colorado wildfire destroys 360 homes
- 93,000 confirmed killed in Syrian conflict
(Click for RSS instructions.)