10 dead, 12 injured after Texas crash
Jul 22, 2012 / 9:27 pm
Authorities say a pickup truck has crashed in South Texas, killing 10 people in the vehicle and injuring 12.
Louann Presas, a spokeswoman for the Texas Department of Public Safety, says the crash occurred about 7 p.m. CDT Sunday near Berclair when the truck ran off the highway and crashed into some trees. The unincorporated community is about 100 miles southeast of San Antonio.
Presas says all the victims were in the same Ford F-250 pickup.
She says the extent of the injuries to the surviving victims wasn't immediately clear. Crash investigators were still at the scene around 11 p.m. CDT.
A Goliad County sheriff's dispatcher deferred comment to a department spokesperson, who did not immediately return a message left by The Associated Press.
Read more World News
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
- Pope decries banks over people
- French gay marriage law signed
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
- North Korea fires 3 short-range missiles
(Click for RSS instructions.)