Batman mask found at suspect's apt.
Jul 22, 2012 / 9:18 pm
A law enforcement official says investigators have found a Batman mask inside the apartment of a man suspected of opening fire at a midnight premiere of "The Dark Knight Rises."
The official spoke to The Associated Press on Sunday on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the news media.
Authorities say they cleared dangerous materials from the apartment of 24-year-old James Holmes over the weekend after he allegedly set booby traps inside.
Holmes was arrested Friday after authorities say he set off gas canisters and shot unsuspecting movie-goers in an attack that killed 12 people and injured dozens of others.
Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates says it could take months to determine a motive and police are working with FBI behavioural analysts.
Read more World News
- Tiger gets hairball surgery
- Stockholm riots continue
- UK attack could be terrorists
- Captors release 7
- FBI kill man in Orlando
- Trial set for Costa Concordia captain
- Climbers aged 80 & 81 race up Everest
- Search for tornado survivors nears end
- Race on to find tornado survivors
- Suicide in Notre Dame Cathedral
- 14 Afghan police killed in day of attacks
- Tornado death toll now at 24
(Click for RSS instructions.)