Gunman fires into crowded US bar
Jul 17, 2012 / 10:15 am
Alabama police say a gunman fired into a crowded bar then shot people as they ran out, leaving 17 injured, including two critically.
Tuscaloosa Police Chief Steve Anderson said the shooter, who has not been identified, never went inside during the assault early Tuesday.
"He fired all of his shots from outside," Anderson said.
Hospital spokesman Brad Fisher said 17 people were treated at DCH Regional Medical Center, and two were receiving critical care.
Surveillance video released by police shows a man walking down a sidewalk with what appears to be a gun in one hand.
Read more World News
- 12 tornadoes wallop North Texas
- Deadly tornado hits Texas
- Plane crashes at Nepal airstrip
- Car bomb in Afghan capital kills 15
- Cyclone weakens as it hits Bangladesh
- Deer crashes through bus windshield
- Cyclone a day away from destruction
- Cleveland kidnapper to plead not guilty
- OJ Simpson set to tell his story in court
- N. Korea: American sentenced to 15 yrs.
- US general's sexual misconduct charges
- Man killed dribbling soccer ball to Brazil
(Click for RSS instructions.)