Raccoon gang attacks woman in park
Jul 11, 2012 / 6:31 am
A Washington state woman says she was attacked and bitten by raccoons after her dog chased several of the animals up a tree.
Michaela Lee had just finished jogging in Lakewood's Fort Steilacoom Park on Monday when her dog got loose.
When she went to grab the dog's leash, several other raccoons started to scratch her legs, chased her for more than 20 metres, knocked her down and bit her.
Neighbour Michael Parks tells the News Tribune he heard Lee screaming and saw her on the ground. He called 911.
Two other neighbours also went to help. Lee says her American dingo dog began barking and helped drive the raccoons off.
The 28-year-old Lee was treated for about 16 puncture wounds and had numerous scratches.
Read more World News
- Pope Francis blesses Harley-Davidsons
- Earthquake strikes south of Mexico City
- 24 dead in new wave of Iraq attacks
- Cat vies for mayor of Mexican city
- N Korea proposes nuclear talks with US
- Rowhani wins Iran election
- A parade fit for a Queen
- Hezbollah vows to keep fighting in Syria
- Woman mauled by chimp can't sue state
- Early results in Iran presidential election
- Newtown, Conn: six months later
- Boston woman pays $560K to park
(Click for RSS instructions.)