Band member loses it at music festival
Jul 7, 2012 / 9:02 pm
Authorities say two people were stabbed and one was also bitten before a show at the New York City music venue Webster Hall.
Harley Flanagan, a founder of the hard-core punk band the Cro-Mags, was arrested on assault charges.
Published reports say the victims were current members of the group.
No information on an attorney for Flanagan was immediately available.
The violence happened Friday night during the CBGB Festival. CBGB representatives say in a statement that the disturbance shouldn't overshadow the events, which included free concerts in Times Square and Central Park.
CBGB was once a famed Manhattan rock venue where bands like The Talking Heads performed in the early 1980s. The venue closed in 2006. The festival is an attempt to revive the CBGB brand.
Read more World News
- Tiger gets hairball surgery
- Stockholm riots continue
- UK attack could be terrorists
- Captors release 7
- FBI kill man in Orlando
- Trial set for Costa Concordia captain
- Climbers aged 80 & 81 race up Everest
- Search for tornado survivors nears end
- Race on to find tornado survivors
- Suicide in Notre Dame Cathedral
- 14 Afghan police killed in day of attacks
- Tornado death toll now at 24
(Click for RSS instructions.)