2 shot dead at Mexico City's airport
Jun 25, 2012 / 8:34 am
Two people have been shot to death in front of a terminal at Mexico City's international airport and another wounded.
The airport spokesman says the victims are federal police officers. The federal Public Safety Department says at least one was an officer, but was checking the identity of the others. Details of the shooting are still unclear.
Airport spokesman Jorge Gomez told local media that the airport was operating normal following early Monday's shooting, which occurred in a passenger drop-off area at the entrance to the second of two terminals at the airport.
Shootings at Mexican airports are rare. In 1993 Roman Catholic Cardinal Juan Posadas Ocampo was killed in an airport parking lot in central Mexico.
Read more World News
- 24 dead in new wave of Iraq attacks
- Cat vies for mayor of Mexican city
- N Korea proposes nuclear talks with US
- Rowhani wins Iran election
- A parade fit for a Queen
- Hezbollah vows to keep fighting in Syria
- Woman mauled by chimp can't sue state
- Early results in Iran presidential election
- Newtown, Conn: six months later
- Boston woman pays $560K to park
- 2 found dead from Colo. wildfire
- Chemical plant explosion kills 1, 70 hurt
(Click for RSS instructions.)