The fire? My dog did it.
Jun 13, 2012 / 7:10 am
A western Pennsylvania man who blamed his dog for causing an apartment fire has been jailed on charges that he set the blaze himself.
The Tribune-Democrat of Johnstown reports Wednesday that Cresson Township police have charged 58-year-old John Saparo with setting the July 12 fire, though police have yet to specify how.
What police did say is that they've determined the fire didn't start the way Saparo claimed. He allegedly told officers he was cleaning and had several fans running when his dog knocked over one of the fans, which, somehow, started the fire.
Saparo remains in the Cambria County Jail awaiting a preliminary hearing June 20 on arson and related charges. Online court records don't list an attorney for him.
Read more World News
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
- Pope decries banks over people
- French gay marriage law signed
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
- North Korea fires 3 short-range missiles
(Click for RSS instructions.)