Comedian Gallagher still in a coma
Mar 17, 2012 / 6:00 pm
Doctors have decided to wait before bringing the comedian Gallagher out of the medically induced coma he was put in after his heart attack last week in Texas.
Doctors had planned to wake the 65-year-old comedian on Saturday. But his promotional manager, Christine Scherrer, says he was trying to wake on his own.
Doctors are keeping him sedated because they want to wake him slowly. She says they may try Sunday.
Scherrer says the comedian had two stents replaced after collapsing Wednesday before a performance at a bar in Lewisville, a Dallas suburb.
He had a minor heart attack last March after collapsing while performing in Minnesota.
His full name is Leo Anthony Gallagher, and he's best known for smashing watermelons with a sledgehammer.
Read more World News
- Cuddling biz closed amid brothel claims
- Thai premier says she will not resign
- Mob violence escalates in Africa
- Riot police deployed to Ukranian protest
- Kim Jong Un removes uncle from power
- US and Pakistan - the special meeting
- 100,000 march in Bangkok
- Storm blankets NFL fields with snow
- Uncle ousted for 'anti-state' acts
- Thousands attend Paul Walker memorial
- Dead whales found-part of stranded pod
- Israeli president willing to meet Iran's
(Click for RSS instructions.)