Cheesy bookkeeping at Mystic Pizza
Mar 8, 2012 / 11:05 am
MYSTIC, Conn. - The U.S. Treasury Department has seized more than $60,000 from a bank account of the owners of the Mystic Pizza restaurant made famous in a 1988 movie starring Julia Roberts.
The Day of New London reports that federal authorities took the money from the account of John Zelepos, George Zelepos and Christos Zelepos in January after a criminal investigation by the Internal Revenue Service. IRS officials refused to disclose details of the investigation or why the money was seized.
The seizure was revealed this week in a legal notice published in the newspaper.
The Zelepos family owns Mystic Pizza in Mystic, Mystic Pizza II in North Stonington and the Mystic Pizza Food Co. No one answered the phones at the restaurants Thursday, and the owners didn't immediately return messages.
Information from: The Day, http://www.theday.com
Read more World News
- China launches rover to survey moon
- Unrepentant Nazi killer dies at 92
- NYC commuter train derails, killing 4
- Ukrainians stage huge anti-govt rally
- Speed a factor in deadly celeb car crash
- Passenger train derails near NY
- Tens of thousands march in Kiev
- The world's ugliest dog dies
- Alaska plane crash tragedy
- A step toward to democracy after coup
- Gov't supporters and foes clash violently
- Plane crash in Namibia, kills all on board
(Click for RSS instructions.)