4th-graders eat pet treats
A Pennsylvania school district says an aide has been suspended after she tricked students into eating pet snacks by telling them they were cookies.
About 75 fourth-graders at New Hanover-Upper Frederick Elementary School received the pet treats during recess Thursday. No injuries were reported.
Student Gabriel Moore tells WFMZ-TV the aide first joked they were dog treats, then told students they were actually cookies. Gabriel ate three.
Boyertown Area School District officials notified parents Friday. They didn't disclose the type of pet treat but said the ingredients would only be harmful to people with certain food allergies.
Still, Gabriel's father, David Moore, says the part-time aide should be "penalized pretty bad."
The aide has been suspended pending an internal investigation.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more World News
- Snowbirds hit townKelowna - 10:25 am
- Pilot out of hospitalVernon / N. Okanagan - 1:20 pm
- Highway closed north of VernonVernon / N. Okanagan - 7:33 pm
- Wildfire doused quicklyCentral Okanagan - 4:28 pm
World Health Organization
World Trade Organization