Pot cake puts student in brief coma
Officials in Spain say a university student went into a brief coma after eating a birthday cake baked with marijuana, and 10 others became seriously ill.
Javier Chivite, a spokesman for Madrid's emergency services, said two youths were hospitalized early Sunday. He said one of them was comatose and not responding to stimulus when admitted, but later recovered.
Jose Dominguez de Posada, dean of Madrid's Alfonso X University, said the students were all male and aged between 18 and 22 and the most affected was studying veterinary sciences.
Chivite say the others were found to be suffering from euphoria, red eyes and irregular heartbeat.
Dominguez de Posada said the university campus houses about 12,000 students.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more World News
- Snowbirds hit townKelowna
- Pilot out of hospitalVernon / N. Okanagan
- Highway 97 reopenedVernon / N. Okanagan
- Wildfire doused quicklyCentral Okanagan
World Health Organization
World Trade Organization