Overcharge Tom Hank's wife, get jail
Nov 4, 2013 / 10:47 pm
A Southern California insurance broker who overcharged Tom Hanks and his wife, Rita Wilson, hundreds of thousands of dollars has been sentenced to more than two years in federal prison.
City News Service says Jerry Goldman received a 27-month sentence Monday. He also was ordered to pay about $840,000 in restitution.
Prosecutors claimed that between 1998 and 2011, Goldman inflated premiums by as much as 600 per cent and created phoney invoices to hide the scam.
The original indictment claimed that Goldman also bilked others including Andy Summers, the former guitarist for The Police.
The 60-year-old Thousand Oaks man pleaded guilty in April to mail fraud involving Hanks and Wilson.
Read more World News
- 72nd anniversary of Pearl Harbor
- Egypt court reduces heavy sentences
- Attacks kill 15 in Iraq
- Mandela's state funeral set for Dec. 15
- Hundreds to celebrate pot anniversary
- Woman live-tweets husband's death
- Shanghai pollution at dangerous levels
- Whale rescuers feeling more optimistic
- Driving 50-ton battle tank - not easy
- Russian diplomats accused of fraud
- White House changes story
- Three years in prison for ivory smuggler
(Click for RSS instructions.)