Alligator found at O'Hare Airport
Nov 3, 2013 / 9:26 am
A small alligator found under an escalator at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport has left authorities puzzled.
A maintenance worker found the alligator, which is about a foot (30 centimetres) long on Friday in Terminal 3.
Chicago Police spokesman Jose Estrada said Sunday an officer captured the reptile by putting a trash can over it.
The gator is now being cared for by the Chicago Herpetological Society. The group's president says the animal is in "pretty bad shape" and the society is trying to nurse it back to health.
Estrada says investigators aren't sure how long the animal was at the airport or where it came from.
Read more World News
- Israeli president willing to meet Iran's
- Presidents & royalty at Mandela service
- Prince Harry's Antarctic race called off
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Thailand crisis deepens
- Progress seen since Typhoon Haiyan
- South Africans hold day of prayer
- Millions of residents hit by storm
- Obama to attend Mandela memorial
- 72nd anniversary of Pearl Harbor
- Egypt court reduces heavy sentences
- Attacks kill 15 in Iraq
(Click for RSS instructions.)