6 people found dead in Carolina home
Oct 29, 2013 / 10:36 pm
Six people have been found dead in a South Carolina home following an apparent domestic dispute.
Greenwood County Sheriff's Office spokesman John Long told The Associated Press late Tuesday that the dead include four adults and two children. He said the bodies were discovered by a SWAT team that entered the house "after several unsuccessful attempts to make contact" with someone inside.
Long says officers first went to the home in Greenwood County after receiving a call from a man who said he was thinking about hurting himself. He says while police were on their way, one of the man's neighbours called 911 saying four children from that address had arrived at her house and told her a shot had been fired.
Long says a preliminary investigation indicates the shootings were "a domestic-related incident."
Read more World News
- Ukrainians stage huge anti-govt rally
- Speed a factor in deadly celeb car crash
- Passenger train derails near NY
- Tens of thousands march in Kiev
- The world's ugliest dog dies
- Alaska plane crash tragedy
- A step toward to democracy after coup
- Gov't supporters and foes clash violently
- Plane crash in Namibia, kills all on board
- US man kills himself while awaiting trial
- Scotland helicopter crash
- Shark kills teenager
(Click for RSS instructions.)