Thief mowed huge field & stole the grass
Oct 28, 2013 / 6:50 am
Austrian police are seeking witnesses to an unusual theft — of huge amounts of grass, mowed secretly from a farmer's field.
A police statement says the theft occurred around Liebenfels, a village about 200 kilometres (120 miles) southwest of Vienna. It says a farmer reported his field mowed and the grass gone on Monday.
Police say the grass went missing sometime in the last three weeks, but the farmer noticed it only Monday because the field is some distance from the rest of his property. They say the owner estimates its worth more than $4,000.
Read more World News
- Kim Jong Un removes uncle from power
- US and Pakistan - the special meeting
- 100,000 march in Bangkok
- Storm blankets NFL fields with snow
- Uncle ousted for 'anti-state' acts
- Thousands attend Paul Walker memorial
- Dead whales found-part of stranded pod
- Israeli president willing to meet Iran's
- Presidents & royalty at Mandela service
- Prince Harry's Antarctic race called off
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Thailand crisis deepens
(Click for RSS instructions.)