By George: A royally rare family portrait
Oct 24, 2013 / 8:55 pm
Britain's monarchy has released a rare photo celebrating the christening of Prince George that shows four generations of royals gathered together.
The image released Thursday shows Queen Elizabeth II and three future kings: her son Prince Charles, her grandson Prince William, and her great-grandson, 3-month-old Prince George.
The infant is pictured perched on the knee of his mother — William's wife, the Duchess of Cambridge — and surrounded by family who'd gathered at St. James's Palace on Wednesday for George's christening.
The queen's husband, Prince Philip, is pictured, along with a grinning Prince Harry and Charles' wife, Camilla.
The Duchess of Cambridge's parents, sister and brother also are in the photograph.
George was christened by Justin Welby, the archbishop of Canterbury, with water brought from the River Jordan.
Read more World News
- Art stolen from London gallery
- Man signing at Mandela memorial a fake
- Crane collapses on supermarket, 1 dead
- Stolen cobalt-60 finally removed by robot
- Bride shared little emotion over his death
- Police clash with protesters in Ukraine
- Another theft from Walker's crash
- First national marketplace for legal pot
- Convicted killer executed in Oklahoma
- Backcountry skier survives avalanche
- World leaders pay tribute to Mandela
- Sound sleeper locked inside empty plane
(Click for RSS instructions.)