Newlywed Canadian dies in Mexico
Oct 19, 2013 / 9:13 pm
Foreign Affairs is working with Mexican officials investigating the tragic case of an Ottawa area woman who fell to her death at a resort just south of Cancun.
Shannon Amy Guy, 24, was honeymooning with her husband Paul at the Tulum Oasis Resort when she went out onto their third-floor balcony Wednesday night to pose for a picture with another couple.
As Paul Guy aimed the camera the balcony collapsed, plunging his wife and the others to the ground.
Shannon died of her injuries in hospital — the man and woman who fell with her were hurt, however, the extent of their injuries is unknown.
Shannon and Paul were married on August 2 of this year and lived in Carleton Place just outside of Ottawa with their two little girls.
The girls were left in the care of family members while their parents were in Mexico.
Read more World News
- Wildlife workers try to rescue whales
- 1 killed as gales hit Scotland
- Two dead in shooting near N.C. school
- School shooting 911 calls released
- Saying Grace costs $46 million
- Biden in Beijing amidst tension
- Train engineer sleepy at the controls
- Band of Brothers soldier dies in NJ at 90
- Thai violence eases for king's birthday
- Texas executes convicted murderer
- Trapped underwater for 3 days
- Ferry theft leads to security review
(Click for RSS instructions.)