6 killed, officer hurt in overnight collision
Oct 18, 2013 / 8:07 am
Police say six people were killed and an officer was injured when a car and a cruiser collided at an intersection just north of Ohio's capital overnight.
The head of the local police union, Jason Pappas, says an officer from suburban Upper Arlington was responding to a robbery report when the crash occurred at an intersection early Wednesday. Pappas says the officer apparently had his vehicle's police lights and siren on at the time.
Pappas says six people in the other vehicle died, including a small child. He says the officer was being treated for a serious head injury at a hospital but was in stable condition.
A message was left for Perry Township police, who are handling the crash.
Read more World News
- Biden in Beijing amidst tension
- Train engineer sleepy at the controls
- Band of Brothers soldier dies in NJ at 90
- Thai violence eases for king's birthday
- Texas executes convicted murderer
- Trapped underwater for 3 days
- Ferry theft leads to security review
- Iceland's 'first ever' fatal police shooting
- Bob Dylan handed preliminary charges
- Man dies after shark bites his foot in Maui
- Train going too fast at curve before crash
- Safety review after ferry commandeered
(Click for RSS instructions.)