Everyone roasted at annual NYC dinner
Oct 17, 2013 / 7:42 pm
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Henry Kissinger and even the pope have taken a roasting from Stephen Colbert at an annual Manhattan charity event.
The satirist spoke Thursday night at the annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner. It's a Roman Catholic charity fundraiser that attracts top New York luminaries from politics, finance and the media.
Colbert poked fun at Bloomberg's height, joked that former Secretary of State Kissinger was dating CNBC host Maria Bartiromo and said of Pope Francis, "We get it, you're modest."
The black-tie event was attended by New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan, Gov. Andrew Cuomo, CBS anchor Scott Pelley and others. Organizers say $3 million was raised.
Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan was given an award.
Read more World News
- Prince Harry's Antarctic race called off
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Thailand crisis deepens
- Progress seen since Typhoon Haiyan
- South Africans hold day of prayer
- Millions of residents hit by storm
- Obama to attend Mandela memorial
- 72nd anniversary of Pearl Harbor
- Egypt court reduces heavy sentences
- Attacks kill 15 in Iraq
- Mandela's state funeral set for Dec. 15
- Hundreds to celebrate pot anniversary
(Click for RSS instructions.)