Miami airport bomb scare
Oct 16, 2013 / 5:59 am
Police say a terminal at the Miami airport has been closed down and evacuated after a bomb-sniffing dog detected something on a pallet there.
Miami-Dade police spokeswoman Robin Pinkard says Terminal J was evacuated Wednesday at 7 a.m. (1100 GMT) and remained closed as of 8:25 a.m. Eastern (1225 GMT). She says all planes are being diverted away from the terminal and the department's bomb squad is on the scene. She says once able, the bomb squad will examine the pallet.
Pinkard had no other details.
Read more World News
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Powerful storm slams Europe
- Suicide bombing in Yemen kills 18
- Wildlife workers try to rescue whales
- 1 killed as gales hit Scotland
- Two dead in shooting near N.C. school
- School shooting 911 calls released
- Saying Grace costs $46 million
- Biden in Beijing amidst tension
- Train engineer sleepy at the controls
- Band of Brothers soldier dies in NJ at 90
- Thai violence eases for king's birthday
(Click for RSS instructions.)