7.2 earthquake hits central Philippines
Oct 14, 2013 / 10:21 pm
Civil defence officials say the death toll has risen to 20 in a 7.2-magnitude earthquake that hit the central Philippines.
Civil defence spokesman Maj. Reynaldo Balido says 15 of the deaths in Tuesday morning's quake came from Cebu province, an urban and more densely populated island than the epicenter in nearby Bohol Island.
Four people died in Bohol and one is Siquijor Island, southwest of Bohol.
Thirty-three people have been injured.
Read more World News
- Bride shared little emotion over his death
- Police clash with protesters in Ukraine
- Another theft from Walker's crash
- First national marketplace for legal pot
- Convicted killer executed in Oklahoma
- Backcountry skier survives avalanche
- World leaders pay tribute to Mandela
- Sound sleeper locked inside empty plane
- Guilty plea in ricin-laced letters sent
- NY reporters sue Homeland Security
- World leaders gather in South Africa
- Justin Bieber arrives in Philippines
(Click for RSS instructions.)