Car bomb at market kills 12
Oct 12, 2013 / 10:14 am
Iraqi authorities say a car bomb attack at a market has killed 12 people and wounded dozens of others in central Iraq.
Police officials said the Saturday night attack took place when a pickup truck exploded at the entrance of a wholesale fruit and vegetable market in the city of Samarra.
Police said that at least 30 people were wounded in the attack.
More than 5,000 people have been killed in Iraq since attacks began accelerating in April following a deadly security crackdown against a Sunni protest camp in the northern town of Hawija.
Medical officials in nearby hospital confirmed the casualty figures. All officials provided details of the violence on condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to release the information.
Read more World News
- NASA - Astronauts not in danger
- Homosexuality law to stand in India
- Six-year-old boy suspended for kissing
- Art stolen from London gallery
- Man signing at Mandela memorial a fake
- Crane collapses on supermarket, 1 dead
- Stolen cobalt-60 finally removed by robot
- Bride shared little emotion over his death
- Police clash with protesters in Ukraine
- Another theft from Walker's crash
- First national marketplace for legal pot
- Convicted killer executed in Oklahoma
(Click for RSS instructions.)