3 children, woman killed in house fire
Oct 12, 2013 / 8:14 am
A large house fire on New York's Long Island has killed four people, including three children, authorities said Saturday.
Suffolk County Police said three children and a woman died in the fire that was reported at about 10:15 p.m. Friday. Shirley is located about 60 miles east of New York City.
Authorities had no immediate information on the relationship between the woman and the children. Police have not released the names or ages of the victims.
No other information about the fire was immediately available. Police said the cause of the fire is under investigation.
Read more World News
- Art stolen from London gallery
- Man signing at Mandela memorial a fake
- Crane collapses on supermarket, 1 dead
- Stolen cobalt-60 finally removed by robot
- Bride shared little emotion over his death
- Police clash with protesters in Ukraine
- Another theft from Walker's crash
- First national marketplace for legal pot
- Convicted killer executed in Oklahoma
- Backcountry skier survives avalanche
- World leaders pay tribute to Mandela
- Sound sleeper locked inside empty plane
(Click for RSS instructions.)