Man bitten by snake while helping turtle
Oct 8, 2013 / 9:45 pm
A man was bitten by a rattlesnake while trying to help a stranded turtle across Interstate 75 in South Florida.
Miami Dade Fire Rescue reports that the man was placing the turtle into the grass by the side of the road Tuesday afternoon when the venomous Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake bit his hand.
The Miami Herald reports that a friend immediately drove the 24-year-old man to a nearby hospital, where he was being treated with anti-venom.
As of Tuesday night, the venom was only affecting the victim's left arm.
On Saturday, a ranger at Everglades National Park was bitten while trying to remove a snake from a storage closet.
He was treated at a Homestead hospital.
Read more World News
- Prince Harry's Antarctic race called off
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Thailand crisis deepens
- Progress seen since Typhoon Haiyan
- South Africans hold day of prayer
- Millions of residents hit by storm
- Obama to attend Mandela memorial
- 72nd anniversary of Pearl Harbor
- Egypt court reduces heavy sentences
- Attacks kill 15 in Iraq
- Mandela's state funeral set for Dec. 15
- Hundreds to celebrate pot anniversary
(Click for RSS instructions.)