Lots of family fun
Feb 8, 2013 / 8:00 am
It's BC's first Family Day stat holiday. What are you doing with your family? I've found three major events happening in the Kelowna area for Family Day
1) BC Family Day
(by Creative Okanagan, Province of BC, and the City of Kelowna)
Parkinson Rec: Family Day, Feb 11th, 10-3pm
All activities are free
- Free swimming (in partnership with the City of Kelowna)
- Face painting (by KBAAD)
- Instrument petting zoo (hosted by Wentworth Music)
- Circus Yoga (hosted by Success by Six)
- Arts and Crafts station
- Story telling area
- Gold Panning Station
- Science World Exhibit
2) Family Day Skate for Hospice
(by Prospera Place and Delta Grand hotels)
In support of the Central Okanagan Hospice Association
Prospera Place, $5 donation for entry
Admission either at the door on the day of the event or pre-purchase a ticket from the Front Desk of the Delta Grand.
- Bring the family and skate for this amazing cause!
- Skate with Rocky Raccoon.
- Complimentary Hot Chocolate and Cookies
- Center ice goal scoring competition for prizes.
3) First Annual Kelowna YMCA Family Day
YMCA, February 11 9:00am-5:00pm
Fun family activities all day long. Come and celebrate BC’s first Family Day and the launch our annual Strong Kids Campaign! All activities and admission are by donation!
- Family Fitness classes
- Drums Alive
- Face painting
- Arts & Crafts
- Family games
- Pool games
- Giant inflatable toys
- Hot dogs and lemonade (by donation)
- Bake Sale
All proceeds from the hot dogs and bake sale go to the Strong Kids Campaign. Please consider making a donation to the Strong Kids Campaign as Melcor will be matching every donation made.
Read more What's On articles
- Okanagan Summer Festivals May 16
- Keloha 2013 May 10
- Detailed look at Center of Gravity May 8
- Faber Drive: BC Band returns home May 2
- Opera Kelowna Launches Apr 18
- Art, Music, and Coffee Culture Apr 11
- How Canada Came To Be Apr 4
- Stars and Whales Kelowna bound Mar 28
(Click for RSS instructions.)