$3500 for the Lake Country Food Bank
A full house at Creekside Theatre last Saturday night (Dec 14th) raised more than $3500 for the Lake Country Food Bank.
“A Swingin’ Christmas” was a joint venture between the Lake Country Big Band and Lake Country School of Dance. It showcased the talents of about 100 entertainers ranging in age from 3 years to senior citizens.They included 70 dancers from Lake Country’s award winning studio, and 17 local musicians, many of whom have been with the big band since its inception about 20 years ago.
The evening proved to be a huge success with the additional support of the local Rotary Club, Creekside Theatre and numerous local businesses.
The Lake Country Food Bank has become a critical service with an increasing number of clientele every year. Monies raised will support the day-to-day operations as well as contributing to the fund for a new home, as the current location is unable to support growth.
Read more What's On articles
- Koyczan performs with the Symphony Mar 6
- Charity Poker Tournament this Friday Feb 27
- Global Music & talented kids Feb 20
- Dehli 2 Dublin performs on Valentines Feb 13
- Family Day Activities Feb 8
- Celtic Connection: Cod Gone Wild Feb 6
- Kelowna Folk Club: Tamara Nile Jan 30
- TimeDRIVE: Donate your time Jan 23
(Click for RSS instructions.)