City ready to buck up
Oct 3, 2013 / 2:34 pm
The District of West Kelowna reminds community service organizations of the Oct 31 deadline for Grants in Aid applications.
West Kelowna Council recognizes that valued contributions to the municipality are being provided through the volunteer efforts of community organizations and agencies.
Grants in Aid demonstrate West Kelowna Council’s commitment to work with groups that provide these programs, services or projects to the community while, at the same time, recognizing the financial constraints impacting the District’s ability to provide funding.
All Grants in Aid applications are to be directed to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer by October 31 of each year to ensure they are included in annual budget considerations. All applications must be submitted on the Grants in Aid Application Form and accompanied by the following information and documentation:
- The service(s) the organization provides to the community
- The amount of the financial assistance required
- The benefits in the community to result from the grant
- A detailed proposed budget for the current year and a list of all other grants & donations
- Financial statements from the immediately preceding fiscal year.
For further information click here or contact the Deputy Chief Financial Officer at (778) 797-8855.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Coyote attacks dog in broad daylight Dec 8
- Questions for the mayor Dec 8
- Fire rescue boathouse open Dec 7
- Improvements at Grizzly Road complete Dec 6
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2