Traffic reduction on Main St. Monday
Sep 29, 2013 / 5:00 am
Main Street, also known as Highway 97 South, will be reduced to a single lane at Brown Road in Westbank Centre on Monday, Sept 30, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The single lane closure will resume at 7:30 p.m. on September 30 and continue until 6 a.m. on Tuesday, October 1
The closure is required to install underground utilities related to the $3.1 million Brown Road Streetscape Improvement Project – Phase 1.
The District of West Kelowna thanks motorists for their patience during construction and reminds drivers to obey construction signs and watch for flag persons and crews working in the area.
Traffic fines are double for infractions in construction zones.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Ground water issues a slippery slope Dec 9
- Santa spends a day with our furry kids Dec 9
- Coyote attacks dog in broad daylight Dec 8
- Questions for the mayor Dec 8
- Fire rescue boathouse open Dec 7
- Improvements at Grizzly Road complete Dec 6
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3