A burning desire to support charity
Sep 18, 2013 / 1:26 pm
The first annual West Kelowna Professional Firefighters charity calendar was unveiled last week and since local businesses donated to its production costs, all money raised from the calendar’s sale will go directly to charity.
The 2014 calendar will feature firefighters in poses that capture the spirit of their unique job. Proceeds will go to the West Kelowna Professional Firefighter’s Charitable Society, which supports the Westbank Boys and Girls Club, West Kelowna Community Food Bank, Muscular Dystrophy, and The British Columbia Professional Firefighters Burn Fund.
The calendar will cost $10 and is available at Fire Station 31 – 3651 Old Okanagan Hwy in Westbank, Fire Station 32 in Lakeview at 2708 Olalla Rd, West Kelowna City Hall located at 2760 Cameron Rd. and multiple businesses through West Kelowna.
Earlier this year, firefighters pledged to raise $25,000 towards a new, state of the art facility to house burn survivors and their families. You can view the project here.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- City loses administrative officer Dec 10
- Ground water issues a slippery slope Dec 9
- Santa spends a day with our furry kids Dec 9
- Coyote attacks dog in broad daylight Dec 8
- Questions for the mayor Dec 8
- Fire rescue boathouse open Dec 7
- Improvements at Grizzly Road complete Dec 6
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3