Aquatic Centre set to reopen
Sep 15, 2013 / 8:35 am
Starting Monday, September 16, Johnson Bentley Memorial Aquatic Centre will reopen to the public following a short closure that was required due to construction and the annual maintenance shutdown. A temporary entrance has been provided during the construction period.
The pool, weight room, fitness and general programs are all open from 6 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Monday to Friday and 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
For schedules and fees, visit the District of West Kelowna’s Fall 2013 Recreation Guide. The rec guide can also be picked up at the pool at 3737 Old Okanagan Highway, West Kelowna, starting September 16.
The District of West Kelowna and its pool contractor Active Living Enterprises would like to thank users for their patience during the closure and ongoing construction, which will continue through to the end of October. The District of West Kelowna is completing seismic upgrades, a new entrance and landscaping improvements, including a new patio and pergola, east of the main entrance. The $414,444, Phase 2 project is being completed as part of plans to upgrade the facility in stages over several years. Phase 1 involved the installation of a new HVAC system and preliminary seismic upgrades.
Phase 2 works will be completed in time for the Johnson Bentley Memorial Aquatic Centre 25th Anniversary community celebration, which will be held at the facility from 1 to 4 p.m. on October 26.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2
- Van takes a slide in West Kelowna Dec 2
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1
- Boucherie road reopened after rollover Nov 27
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27