Sep 7, 2013 / 1:00 pm
1 p.m. update: West Kelowna RCMP were called to the 2000 block of Boucherie Road, for a report of a cyclist that had been struck. When RCMP arrived on scene an 18-year-old male was located. He had serious injuries and he was transported to Kelowna General Hospital where he remains.
The driver of the vehicle that struck the cyclist was spoken to at the scene and he is cooperating with RCMP.
Traffic Analyst attended and this matter has been taken over by Central Okanagan Traffic Services.
The investigation is continuing.
7:48 a.m. original story: A cyclist was struck and seriously injured in front of 2035 Old Boucherie Rd. Friday night at approximately 9:55 p.m.
The accident happened in the southbound lane, but details regarding the circumstances and extent of injuries have not been released.
A crumpled bike was left at the corner of the three-way intersection of Old Boucherie Rd., Boucherie Rd. and Sonoma Pines Drive.
The RCMP traffic accident investigation unit and other emergency personnel were at the scene for several hours investigating.
Police had Boucherie Rd. blocked to traffic, people living near the intersection had to park their vehicles and walk to their homes around the yellow tape.
A white side mirror was on the road, a few metres away from the crushed bike. A white sedan, possibly a Mercedes, was towed from the area.
A 10 metre trail of debris was spread down Boucherie Road.
Send photos and video to [email protected]
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Improvements at Grizzly Road complete Dec 6
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2
- Van takes a slide in West Kelowna Dec 2
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1
- Boucherie road reopened after rollover Nov 27