Lost motorist found in the bush
Sep 5, 2013 / 11:31 am
A 55-year-old man, out for an evening drive, ended up spending a night in the wild.
The man apparently left his home about 5:30 Wednesday night for a drive on the Jack Rich Forest Service Road in West Kelowna.
RCMP were called in about 10 p.m. after the man failed to return home.
Police contacted search and rescue and the hunt was on.
Six members of Central Okanagan Search and Rescue were deployed to assist in the search.
The man was located shortly after 7:30 Thursday morning in the Telemark cross country ski area.
Police say the man's vehicle got stuck on the main road.
He stayed with the vehicle until help arrived.
Search and Rescue officials say the man was cold but otherwise in good shape.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Ground water issues a slippery slope Dec 9
- Santa spends a day with our furry kids Dec 9
- Coyote attacks dog in broad daylight Dec 8
- Questions for the mayor Dec 8
- Fire rescue boathouse open Dec 7
- Improvements at Grizzly Road complete Dec 6
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3