Youth centre closed due to fire
Sep 4, 2013 / 6:27 am
The Westside Youth Centre, a program offered by Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs, was impacted by the fire at the Westbank Lions Community Hall this past weekend.
Services provided at the centre include drop in recreation, meals and snacks, Reconnect counselling and employment services.
Due to the impact of the fire, the Youth Centre location will be closed for the immediate future.
Westside Youth Centre staff is committed to connecting with youth, and ensuring their basic needs are being met during this challenging time.
Staff will be available to meet youth and provide a meal outside the Youth Centre in the United Church parking lot daily from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Okanagan Boys & Girls Clubs staff and District of West Kelowna staff are working together to locate temporary space from which we can continue to provide services to youth in West Kelowna.
If members of the public wish to help out, they may contact Kristy Butterworth, Westside Youth Centre Director 250-870-1473 or Teresa Murray, Central Okanagan Area Director at 250-868-8541, extension 219.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Clark in riding to sell new liquor laws Dec 11
- Live with Mayor Doug Findlater Dec 11
- Man rushes Clark over hydro outage Dec 11
- Hydro customers left in the cold Dec 11
- B & E suspects at large Dec 11
- Two people arrested at gunpoint Dec 11
- New tenant for old Future Shop location Dec 11
- City loses administrative officer Dec 10
- Ground water issues a slippery slope Dec 9
- Santa spends a day with our furry kids Dec 9