Motorcycle misses curve
Sep 1, 2013 / 4:24 pm
Excessive speed is the likely cause of a single motorcycle accident on Dobbin Road that sent one man to hospital with undertermined injuries.
The mishap occurred at approximately 3:20 p.m.
According to witnesses, the motorcycle simply failed to negotiated the curve - directly adjacent to the West Kelowna RCMP Detachment - apparently became airborne, and went over the embankment into a lower area where there are several fast-food chain buildings.
Emergency rescue crews as well as the RCMP responded. The man was taken to hospital via ambulance, and a tow truck was summoned to remove the motorcycle from the embankment.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3
- Hockey kids collect for the Philippines Dec 3
- Sandman rescues drivers Dec 2
- Van takes a slide in West Kelowna Dec 2
- West Kelowna fire fighters tackle hunger Dec 1
- Boucherie road reopened after rollover Nov 27
- Chronic runaway still missing Nov 27