CN Wharf closing Wednesday
Aug 20, 2013 / 3:00 pm
The CNR Wharf on Gellatly Road, will be closed Wednesday, Aug. 21 for test piling work.
This one-day closure will allow important preparatory work for the upcoming CNR Wharf Upgrade Project.
Phase 1 of the project could see the wharf demolished this fall with construction of a new, upgraded public swim facility at the site by spring 2014.
Upgrades during the first phase of the project include:
- A new expanded wharf with shade structure
- Seating and interpretive signage
- A new wood deck with a 1-metre diving springboard and a zip line
- A new floating platform with a slide and new lift towers and diving platforms.
Cost of Phase 1 improvements are $543,000.
Click here to find out more about the CNR Wharf Park Plan.
The District of West Kelowna apologizes for any inconvenience caused by this one-day closure and thanks the public for its patience while we work to improve this popular waterfront facility.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Ground water issues a slippery slope Dec 9
- Santa spends a day with our furry kids Dec 9
- Coyote attacks dog in broad daylight Dec 8
- Questions for the mayor Dec 8
- Fire rescue boathouse open Dec 7
- Improvements at Grizzly Road complete Dec 6
- Flash mob prom date proposal Dec 4
- WFN awarded new forest licence Dec 4
- Chamber changes to board of trade Dec 3
- 'Mr. Sandman' goes above & beyond Dec 3