Kinship headlines Global Music Fest
Aug 22, 2013 / 2:53 pm
The inaugural Global Music Fest takes place this Saturday in Memorial Park as District of West Kelowna with the generous support of key sponsor Reuter Real Estate.
The event gets under way at 5 p.m. and continues to 10 p.m. in Memorial Park, adjacent to Johnson Bentley Memorial Aquatic Centre.
From 5 until 7 p.m is the 'kid's zone' while the first musical act of the evening will be Maria in the Shower, followed promptly by Celtic headliners Kinship at 8:30 p.m.
Global Music Fest is a new addition in 2013 to the popular Music in the Park summer concert series. This family-friendly event offers another free entertainment option for West Kelowna residents, flavoured with the many cultures of the Okanagan Valley.
On the music front, home grown favourite, Kinship, will bring their own special brand of foot stomping Maritime and Celtic music to headline the event for their only summer performance in the region. They will be joined by the folk-cabaret band Maria in the Shower, a wildly popular Vaudeville-inspired fixture on the trendy East Vancouver art scene whose singer/percussionist, Todd Bifford, hails from the Okanagan.
The event will place emphasis on First Nation's culture with a fashion show, drum circle and some unique cultural kid's zone activities.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Residents shocked over hydro outage Dec 12
- Man rushes Clark over outage Dec 12
- West Kelowna faces tax hike under 3% Dec 12
- Clark in riding to sell new liquor laws Dec 11
- Live with Mayor Doug Findlater Dec 11
- Hydro customers left in the cold Dec 11
- B & E suspects at large Dec 11
- Two people arrested at gunpoint Dec 11
- New tenant for old Future Shop location Dec 11
- City loses administrative officer Dec 10