Chess tourny at Mount Boucherie
Feb 23, 2013 / 5:00 am
A West Kelowna school is hosting a junior chess tournament on March 2 for all students in the Central Okanagan.
It will take place at Mount Boucherie Secondary School and is a great way to get involved in the game.
This will be a rated tournament for students to test their chess tactics and opening strategies. It will also be a learning experience, in which students of similar grades are pared up in fun, supportive competition.
Primary students will need to know how all the pieces move, but referees will help guide students with any questions and tips unique to competitive chess.
There will be up to five rounds played from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and school trophies and individual medals will be awarded to three qualifiers in each grade and everyone will participation medals.
For more details, contact tournament director Chris Laurie at 250-768-5181.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- West Kelowna teen located Jun 18
- Queen not welcome in West Kelowna Jun 18
- Lightning strike sparks wildfire Jun 17
- BC Motocross at Bear Creek Jun 16
- Burst tire sends woman, kids into lake Jun 15
- Brown bear spotted near Smith Creek Jun 15
- Fire brings back memories for residents Jun 15
- Gordon ready to take Clark to task Jun 14
- Premier: spill underlines BC's concerns Jun 13
- Dust devil in West Kelowna Jun 13