Chess tourny at Mount Boucherie
Feb 23, 2013 / 5:00 am
A West Kelowna school is hosting a junior chess tournament on March 2 for all students in the Central Okanagan.
It will take place at Mount Boucherie Secondary School and is a great way to get involved in the game.
This will be a rated tournament for students to test their chess tactics and opening strategies. It will also be a learning experience, in which students of similar grades are pared up in fun, supportive competition.
Primary students will need to know how all the pieces move, but referees will help guide students with any questions and tips unique to competitive chess.
There will be up to five rounds played from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and school trophies and individual medals will be awarded to three qualifiers in each grade and everyone will participation medals.
For more details, contact tournament director Chris Laurie at 250-768-5181.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Clark in riding to sell new liquor laws Dec 11
- Live with Mayor Doug Findlater Dec 11
- Man rushes Clark over hydro outage Dec 11
- Hydro customers left in the cold Dec 11
- B & E suspects at large Dec 11
- Two people arrested at gunpoint Dec 11
- New tenant for old Future Shop location Dec 11
- City loses administrative officer Dec 10
- Ground water issues a slippery slope Dec 9
- Santa spends a day with our furry kids Dec 9