Jim Lind upgrades under budget
Feb 14, 2013 / 4:30 pm
The District of West Kelowna expects to save approximately $300,000 on renovations planned for Jim Lind Arena.
Earier this week, council awarded the contract for the ice floor replacement at the aging arena to James Alexander Construction out of Kelowna and Palladian Developments from Nanaimo.
The contract came in at $829,500.
The winning bid was the lowest of four bids received for the project.
Bids came in lower than expected meaning council was able to reduce the capital budget request from $1.45M to $1.11M.
The arena boards and lighting inside the rink will also be upgraded.
Replacement of the floor at Jim Lind Arena is expected to take about four months.
Work will begin April 1.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Castanet viewer captures truck fire May 24
- Most sportfields re-open in West Kel May 24
- New potable water station operational May 24
- Council knows 'one way' to save cash May 23
- Long weekend = camping May 17
- Kids Care spray park opens on weekend May 17
- Glen Canyon Regional Park expanded May 17
- 'Helping Hands' helps those in need May 16
- Trapped under a van, pinned by tires May 16
- Child abduction scare May 16