2 grow-ops raided in Central Okanagan
Feb 14, 2013 / 10:00 am
Five people could be facing charges after West Kelowna and Lake Country RCMP raided two separate, unrelated grow-ops Wednesday afternoon.
The first search warrant was executed on a residence and outbuilding in the 12000 block of Oceola Road in Lake Country.
Police found an elaborate marijuana growing operation inside the outbuilding, along with a hydro bypass and seized over 300 grams of dried bud. No one was home at the time and it appeared the harvest had already been completed.
Later that day, West Kelowna RCMP acted on a tip and executed a search warrant at 3456 McTaggart Road.
They discovered a hydro bypass and a sophisticated growing operation. They seized approximately 7,400 plants in various stages of growth and four men were arrested inside the residence.
Both investigations are ongoing.
The five men all face potential charges of Theft of Electricity, Production of a Controlled Substance and Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- DWK eyes downtown municipal hall Jun 19
- West Kelowna teen located Jun 18
- Queen not welcome in West Kelowna Jun 18
- Lightning strike sparks wildfire Jun 17
- BC Motocross at Bear Creek Jun 16
- Burst tire sends woman, kids into lake Jun 15
- Brown bear spotted near Smith Creek Jun 15
- Fire brings back memories for residents Jun 15
- Gordon ready to take Clark to task Jun 14
- Premier: spill underlines BC's concerns Jun 13